Assistant Restaurant General Manager
Assistant Restaurant General Manager, Decimo · Full Time · 40 Hours per week · Sunday & Monday off · Up to £55,000 gross per annum including tronc and company benefits
We're looking for you London!
Let's face it, it's a pretty tough recruitment market at the moment and it seems everyone is looking for that special someone. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV).
We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We can’t promise you marriage at first sight, but we think you'll kinda like us and want to stick around for a while.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Assistant Restaurant General Manager at Decimo London, we'd love to hear from you.
As our Assistant Restaurant General Manager, you will work alongside the Restaurant General Manager to oversee an exceptional floor team that provide an extensive food and drink service in this busy high-volume destination restaurant in collaboration with acclaimed Michelin star chef Peter Sanchez. On a daily basis you will help manage service in the restaurant and ensure everything runs smoothly; as well as coaching and developing the team and ensuring they receive the correct training and supported in their roles.
Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard! You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host to our guests adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be our Assistant Restaurant General Manager at Decimo
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
Prior experience as a Assistant General Manager is essential for this role however we welcome applications from all restaurant backgrounds; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a similar Assistant Restaurant General Manager/ Restaurant Manager with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, destination restaurant or boutique hotel sector
- Candidates with a background in Spanish or Mexican cuisine are particularly invited to apply
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
- Solid wine & beverage knowledge to WSET level 2
- Experience with Squirrel POS, Open table and Fourth HR
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
Recently voted as one of London's Top 100 Restaurants; Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aquachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of The Standard, London, Decimo features two separate bar areas, main restaurant which showcases live fire cooking and two semi private dining spaces; with floor-to-ceiling windows and roof terraces providing dramatic views across the London skyline.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities