We're looking for you London!
Assistant Back of House Manager · Full Time · 40 Hours per week · Offering between £37,500 up to £40,000 gross per annum including tronc
Let's face it, it's a pretty tough recruitment market at the moment and it seems everyone is looking for that special someone. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV).
We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We can’t promise you marriage at first sight, but we think you'll kinda like us and want to stick around for a while.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be an Assistant Back of House Manager at The Standard London, we'd love to hear from you.
In the role of Assistant Back of House Manager, you will be assisting the Head of Back of House and Purchasing with all day to day operations, as well as managing and overseeing a team of Stewards. As the right hand to the Head of Back of House and Purchasing, you will be the inital contact for our Kitchen Porters and Supervisors ensuring they are supported in the work place. It is up to you to enforce the highest possible cleanliness of all food processing facilities and its operating equipment throughout the hotel. You will work in conjunction with supervisors of other divisions such as waste, kitchen and storeroom to streamline all processes and create consistency throughout your department.
You have a flexible and hands-on operational approach in order to prioritise work and stay composed under pressurised situations. You have a noticing eye and work accurately and detailed, especially while keeping up with the administration.
And last but definitely not least in your position, you present a positive and joyful attitude toward your team in order to motivate them and stimulate their development.
Do you have what it takes to be an Assistant Back of House Manager at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Back of House Manager is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record as an Assistant Back of House Manager in a similar supervisory role with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts including, evenings, nights and weekends as many of our event spaces and restaurants operate with late night licences
- Exceptional administration and organisation skills with great attention to detail
- To be fluent in English, in addition we do of course welcome speakers of other key international languages
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Assistant Back of House Manager, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities