We're looking for you London!
Let's face it, it's a pretty tough recruitment market at the moment and it seems everyone is looking for that special someone. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV).
We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We can’t promise you marriage at first sight, but we think you'll kinda like us and want to stick around for a while.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Guest Service Assistant at The Standard, London, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Guest Service Assistant you will become part of an exceptional front office team that will engage with our guests from arrival, throughout the guests stay to post departure. Primarily you will provide our guests with unparalleled level of hospitality, providing a seamless arrival and departure experience, attentive bell and luggage services, Concierege & information services and assisting them with their queries and unexpressed wishes. You will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate guest experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
From the moment your guests arrive, you will personally welcome them and act as their key hotel contact and dedicated 'Lifestyle concierge' whilst they are in London to give guests a personal insight into our energetic and vibrant city. You will of course be on hand to provide information on hotel services and most importantly, as their host, make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and can manage both detailed administration tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Guest Experience Agent at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a Guest Experience Agent, Bell or Door Assistant, Guest or Customer Relations role with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- In addition to those with experience, we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- Be able to multi-task (offering a range of service from Bell & Luggage services to basic Concierege services)
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using Opera, Delphi or Knowcross is advantageous however full training will be given
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Fluency in English is essential for this role, in addition to those speaking a second or third languages
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and occasional late-night work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities