Summary of Position: To provide massage services within the intention/concept of the Spa and its menu, while tailoring the service to meet the requests and concerns of our guests, according to spa and licensing standards. Therapist must have working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, hydrotherapy, soft tissue techniques and a solid grounding in professional ethics and communication skills. Therapist must have a desire for personal/professional growth and possess the ability to work within a Spa team with varying levels of experience and skill.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Summary of Duties
Ability to perform and speak competently about all services listed on the menu and on the property.
Ability to multi-task: massage, check in guests, appointment booking, provide tours, information, re-stock necessary supplies and assist Spa staff.
Perform guest intake session prior to each service to ascertain precautions and contradictions for massage.
Provide safe, appropriate and effective massage and spa treatments within the scope of the guests health, comfort and preferences.
Observe and solicit guests verbal and non-verbal feedback and modify the treatment and respond as necessary.
Maintain client confidentiality and sensitivity to personal information during all client interactions; report any unusual client interactions to supervisor immediately.
Actively pursue and participate in continuing education on-site and off-site, related but not limited to bodywork, holistic medicine, personal health and development.
Provide massage orientation services when needed and assist with education seminars.
Suggest improvements and take ownership of all duties with a self-motivated style.
1. Current copies of all applicable federal, state, county and local licenses must be provided prior to beginning work at the Hotel.
2. CPR certified.
3. 18 years of age or older.
4. Minimum 2 years of massage and/or bodywork experience.
1. College degree
2. Experience with computers and calculators.
3. Experience in Hospitality Industry in similar position.
4. Previous guest/member relations training
5. Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
Essential Job Functions
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guest/members' needs, respond promptly, positively and acknowledge all guest/members, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Resolve all guest/member complaints to the best of your ability, ensuring guest/member satisfaction and safety.
5. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
6. Maintain knowledge of hours of operation, memberships, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise, resort/spa packages, promotions, prices and rates.
7. Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to Lead Therapist.
8. Perform room set up procedures.
9. Greet guest in a friendly and timely manner, listening and soliciting feedback when necessary.
10. Ascertain any medical conditions from guest/members and verify medical releases if applicable.
11. Perform services relative to guest/member's level of health, comfort and direction while following appropriate draping procedures and massage techniques.
12. Follow personal protection procedures using the appropriate safety equipment and precautions.
13. Suggest retail items and other services that would directly benefit and continue to enhance guest/members spa experience.
14. Follow dirty linen procedures.
15. Calmly handle emergency procedures.
16. Depart guest/member, close work station and check out with Lead Therapist, Spa Manager or Director.
Secondary Job Functions
1. Assist in scheduling guest/member appointments.
2. Assist with other Spa job functions as assigned.
3. Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Lead Therapist, Spa Manager or Director.
Punctuality as it relates to arrival on property and greeting and departing clients
Communication as it relates to information that affects the quality of both the customer and co-worker experience
Respect for the company and its objectives, organizational structure and its management systems
Respect for your co-workers, members, and hotel guests
Full Time employee benefits will be explained in detail in a separate document, but is defined as a minimum of 32 hours per week on a consistent basis. Some highlights are:
Medical/Dental/Life/Holiday Pay/401(k) after 90 day introductory period
Meals during your shift
Discounts on restaurant meals, membership rates and Friends and Family Hotel rates
2-week vacation pay after the 1st year
Exert physical effort in transporting supplies (20 pounds) to areas within the spa and resort.
Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
Reach 4 feet.
Remain in stationary position for 3 hours throughout work shift.