Hotel General Manager
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and a true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling... At the cultural heartbeat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event, and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5-page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background, and lifestyle and are now looking for a General Manager who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos and assume full responsibility for the entire operation.
Do you have what it takes to be our General Manager at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach?
This is not a ‘Standard’ General Manager role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high-volume, high-energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a wider management team.
As theGeneral Manager for The Standard Spa, Miami Beach you will work in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Committee team to oversee the day-to-day management and performance of our Miami property and all its outlets to ensure that the needs of ownership, employees and guests are met or exceeded at all times. To maintain financial responsibility for the operation including revenue generation and expense control. Supporting and developing the management team as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a General Manager, Deputy General Manager or Hotel Manager gained within a similar Boutique/Lifestyle Hotel.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Sound decision-making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have high-level attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective training.
- A proven track record in a management role with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
What you will be doing
- Accountable for the entire operation and control of the Hotel.
- Ensure appropriate and effective focus on business objectives on a day-to-day basis, while contributing to the strategic development and leadership.
- Lead Hotel to meet and/or exceed financial obligations and profitability through overseeing and actively participating in sales, labor productivity, cost control, and effective purchasing including anticipating revenue/cost problems and managing the timing of discretionary expenditures.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Hotel and Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as well as all franchise mandated policies, procedures, and standards, as applicable.
- Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis monitoring property condition, cleanliness, and quality of product and service throughout the Hotel.
- Greet and maintain rapport with employees and guests.
- Promote cooperation and teamwork while supporting Company vision, values and policies.
- Meet and/or exceed financial obligations and profitability through overseeing and actively participating in sales, labor productivity, cost control, and effective purchasing including anticipating revenue/cost problems and managing the timing of discretionary expenditures.
- Lead, participate in, and manage the process of accurately developing, coordinating, revising within the planning procedures established by the Corporate Office, including the Annual Budget, Annual Marketing Plan, Annual Capital Expenditure Plan, and Forecasts/Re-forecasts.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with management team to include relaying pertinent information to subordinates, communicating expectations and appreciation, share "big picture," and communicating Departmental, Site, and Company goals and objectives.
- Take immediate actions to resolve problems that are encountered on property and ensure Department Heads take immediate actions to resolve problems.
- Provide and/or execute disciplinary action when, and if necessary. Maintain an Open-Door Policy for line employees and management.
- Participate in the interviewing process for management candidates and non-management candidates as needed. Understand, maintain, and enforce fire prevention and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all employees and guests.
- Monitor service trends by engaging with guests, reviewing guest comment cards and emails; make changes as necessary.
- Participate in neighborhood organizations, government, and charities to promote community awareness and acceptability of the Company.
- Ensure that Company reporting and control systems are adhered to.
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining, and rewarding employees.
- Lead, develop, motivate, and empower employees to deliver operational best practices, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service and operating standards.
- Be visible throughout the Hotel on a daily ,basis, meeting with guests, clients and employees as necessary.
- Lead GM roundtable meetings, quarterly celebrations, luncheons, and any other retention efforts for employee morale Responsibility for Managing Owner Relationships.
And must be able to:
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing 15 lbs. without assistance.
- · Requires writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- · Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- · Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- · Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
We want to take care of you as you take care of our guests and employees!
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure based on KPI's
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans co-sponsored by the company
- 401K with 4% company match
- PTO (vacation, sick, and personal days)
- 8 Paid Holidays (including a floating holiday to use as you wish)
- Complimentary Valet
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Cellphone Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Employee Wellness Program that includes an EAP Program, use of our state-of-the-art gym, Spa featuring multiple water features, yoga, and fitness classes.
- Discounts in our outlets and other Standard hotels throughout the world.
- The opportunity to work with the best team!