Cheers to a new career opportunity!
Our new Beverage manager will be responsible for all aspects of the beverage program, training of teams on the program and ensuring Bar teams are following established guidelines and preparations. Functions as a Sommelier during service, promoting wine sales.
• Product: Must posses 2+ years of direct, related experience as a beverage manager. Luxury establishments/hotel lounge/bar venue is preferred.
• Must possess superior demonstrated wine, beer, cocktail and spirit knowledge; including developing winelists, and cocktail lists.
• Sommelier experience, extensive wine knowledge
• POS: Excellent working knowledge of POS system.
• Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
• Comprehension: Excellent command of the English language. Multi-lingual is helpful but not required.
• Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking and task prioritization skills.
• Service: Level of service consistent and uniform in accordance with established standard’s per SOP’s.
• Hygiene and Sanitation: adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s. Ongoing cleaning and maintenance of workstation according to established procedure.
• Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time. Attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled.
• Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, Miami policies, standards and expectations. Identify and report real or potential problem situations to Management immediately (e.g.: intoxicated, loud and rude guests)
• Focuses on the highest level of wine service standards.
• Balances floor work with training of the teams on the programs
• Primary focus dutring service is to support the service team in the function of a sommelier, providing guidance to guests with wine slections.
• Maintains a presence on the floor for entirety of scheduled service.
• Is the primary driver of wine sales by touching all tables, assisting with sales,including by the glass.
• Updates and maintains menus/lists.
• Opening and presentation of wines tableside
• Training and developing a Jr. Sommelier in the program, to co-manage the daily floor support of wine sales.
Serve as a leader to all teams in regards to the beverage program, before, during and after the shift by supporting in best practices for exceptional service.
• Observe and uphold beverage and menu items uniformly according to established standards, expectations, measurements and recipes.
• Direct daily trainings so that all staff have an excellent working knowledge of all Standard product including cocktails, wine and spirits, and are able to answer specific questions about Standard beverage program in an articulate and detailed manner using technical and service aspects.
• Curate the wine program, working closely with specified individuals on the overall direction.
• Assist the Director of Food and Beverage with the pre-opening and opening functions of the beverage outlets of the hotel.
• Assist with the selections of team members for the beverage outlets of the hotel.
• Provide and direct the onboarding training of beverage service team.
• Create schedules, and assist with overall smooth operations of outlets and events with proper staff coverage.
• Facilitate training for service staff and facilitate new associate departmental training.
• Create and oversee beverage inventories.; in collaboration with purchasing department ensuring inventories and beverage orders are submitted in a timely fashion.
• Assist with the development of the beverage programs throughout the beverage outlets; collaborate with the culinary team to ensure the beverage offerings are seasonal and complimentary to the menu items.
• Ensure service standards are being adhered to at all times.
• Ensure Bar Teams are following the established guidelines, recipes, and SOP’s.
• Supervise sidework, and proper setup and closing procedures.
• Liase with teams on supplies needs, and product needed
• Train bar teams on new recipes, new spirits and wines as well as technique
• This position requires a state approved certification for safe food handling and alcohol handling. We will provide access to the training to receive your certificate.
• Must be able to sieze, grasp, turn,and hold objects with hands
• Work with sharp objects in a safe manner
• Work around flammable materials
Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes
Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 50 pounds of force
Occasionally kneeling, sitting, crouching and climbing
Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers