Food & Beverage Manager - The Biergarten
The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of Every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for guest needs and service in the restaurant and related areas of the hotel.
- Recruit and process staff for an outlet where and when necessary.
- Initiate complete training of said staff, including all required documentation and tests.
- Ensure all new front-of-house employees have received training materials and are properly tested before receiving scheduled non-training shifts.
- Work closely as a team and communicate effectively with all other F&B managers.
- Responsible for the appearance and upkeep of areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the requisition and stocking of all products sold/used in the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the quality of food, beverage, and service presented to the customer.
- Ensure there is sufficient coverage of each scheduled shift that you are leading.
- Ensure all floor staff work is satisfactorily completed pre- and post-shift.
- Ensure floor staff is performing up to standards during the shift, if not above and beyond.
- Continue to train staff on product knowledge, protocol, and any policy/procedure changes.
- Oversee floor staff, ensuring that they adhere to conduct requirements as per Employee Handbook/SOPS.
- Delegate duties to floor staff to facilitate the day-to-day operation of the restaurant and be able to fulfill other duties assigned by management.
- Ensure line employees are in properly maintained and appropriate uniforms dictated by position.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork requirements at the end of the shift, including cash drops, RS check drops, and night auditor drops.
- Complete tip sheets and daily logs.
- Welcome guests, seat tables, and maximize the selling potential of the restaurant area.
- Perform other duties as requested by GM, ASM, and F&B Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2+ years supervisory experience in a lifestyle hotel and/or upscale restaurant.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
- Fluent in the English language, write, read and speak. Bi or Multi-Lingual a plus.
- Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, and prioritize tasks.
- Adherence to uniform, grooming, and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures.
- Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations.
- Extensive knowledge of Squirrel.
- Have an outgoing, upbeat personality, positive attitude, and flair.
- Can handle the pressure of a high-volume, high-energy outlet.
- Be an inspiring and motivational leader.
- Can maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Guest service oriented.
- Able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day.
- Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching.
- Able to pull, push, carry, and lift at least 30 pounds of force.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range $70 - $75 / year.
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage.
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance.
- 401k with Company match.
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays.
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace.
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts.
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best-qualified individuals based on job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now