The Front Desk Supervisor is directly responsible for the operation of the Front Desk in conjunction with all other departments of the Hotel to ensure a positive guest experience. Direct interaction with Valet department. An ability to perform all duties in each department is required. Responds to and resolves any guest issues or emergency situations. Supervises all Front Office staff and delegates tasks as necessary. Promotes, supports and enforces hotel policies, procedures and programs. Proficiency in the English language, including: written, oral, reading, spelling and grammar. Bi-lingual skills beneficial, but not required. Proven supervisor skills: training, delegating, problem solving, follow-up, prioritizing and common sense. Flexible and reliable in scheduling. Working knowledge of common computer programs. Opera knowledge is a plus. Strong communication, organization and customer service skills. Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines. Able to successfully work independently or as part of the team.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Experienced in all areas of Front Office department
- Supervise and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office department, including Front Desk and Valet, resulting in a unique and enjoyable guest experience.
- Supervise all operational functions of the Front Desk, such as proper billing, report generation, registration and check out. Ensure the successful completion and accurate billing for all departing guests, groups or house accounts.
- Support and promote all hotel and company policies, procedures and programs. Respond properly and take a supervisory role in any emergency or safety situation involving the hotel and its guest.
- Conduct room and lobby inspections to ensure proper standards of quality, service cleanliness and control are met.
- Consistently maintain a neat, organized and clean workspace and uniform.
- Train, Supervise, develop, motivate, recognize, counsel, and discipline Front Office staff. Partners with the Night Manager in the supervision of lobby talent. Lead by example by conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Partner with the Reservations department to maximize occupancy rate and increase room revenue. Review for familiarity all arrivals, departures, groups, VIPs, and returning guests.
- Coordinate room assignments, amenity delivery, special requests, etc. Update Guest information in PMS.
- Provide general information to guests and patrons regarding hotel services, hours or operation, key personnel, daily activities and special functions. Respond to guest comments effectively and promptly with follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate and report any guest service, maintenance or housekeeping needs, with Front Desk team, management and Hotel staff using all tools available (conversation, phone, voicemail, e-mail, log book, etc.). Maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum productivity, cooperation, morale and guest service.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with guests, patrons, clients, group contacts and service providers to ensure superior personalized service.
- Manages the duties of the Front Office Manager his/her absence.
- Assist in other areas of hotel as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in variable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs