SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for ensuring the overall safety and security of the hotel, garage, employees and guests. Promote and support a safe environment for staff and guests. Respond to, investigate and report on all complaints, incidents, or accidents reported by guests or staff.
- Previous security experience in a hotel or entertainment environment preferred.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Working knowledge of common computer programs.
- Proficiency in English language, including written, verbal and reading. Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, staff, management and law enforcement.
- Strong organization, communication and customer service skills.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Guard Card training required.
- First aid and/or CPR certification preferred.
- Maintain accurate account of complaints, incidents and accidents. Thoroughly document all activities on an hourly basis in the daily security log. Maintain an accurate record of all noise complaints made by neighbors.
- Respond to all calls for assistance. Perform frequent patrols of hotel property to ensure the safety of employees, guests, patrons and their vehicles.
- Communicate all relevant information to Guest Relations Manager and Manager on Duty.
- Monitor video surveillance equipment.
- Maintain lost and found department.
- Enforce safety practices, hotel policies and state liquor laws. Works closely with law enforcement when necessary.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times. Be proactive and productive without constant supervision.
- Successfully partner with other departments (valet, front desk, housekeeping, and F&B) to provide a seamless guest experience. Assist Department Heads with any special requests. Facilitate the removal of guests and/or patrons that pose a threat to the safety and security of the staff or others in a nonviolent and appropriate manner.
- Maintain access to all critical phone numbers and information, (i.e., Sheriff, Marsh, Midway Hospital, Citizens Medical, etc.)
- Perform other duties, projects, responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in variable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.