The Front Desk Agent is directly responsible for the smooth operation of the Front Desk in conjunction with all other departments of the Hotel to ensure a positive guest experience. Ability to perform duties in PBX, Reservations, and Concierge positions. Proficiency in the English language, including: written, oral reading, spelling and grammar. Bi-lingual skills beneficial, but not required. Strong communication, organization, problem-solving, follow-up and telephone skills. Working knowledge of common computer programs. Opera a plus. Effectively manages time and is proactive in completion of tasks. Able to project a professional, friendly and courteous image to guests. Able to successfully work independently and as part of a team. Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk. Successfully complete all administrative functions of department such as, billing, report generation, registrations detail and check out procedures. Cross trained to perform responsibilities in PBX, Reservations, Concierge, and Bell departments.
- Support and promote all hotel and company programs, policies and procedures. Able to respond properly in an emergency or safety situation.
- Provide general information to guests and patrons regarding hotel services, hours of operation, key personnel, daily activities and special functions.
- Committed to maintaining superior standards of quality, service, and cleanliness in the lobby area and at the desk. Consistently maintain a neat, organized and clean workspace and uniform.
- Effectively communicate and report any vital guest service information with Front Desk team through the Front Desk log. Maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum productivity, and guest service. Develop and maintain relationships with guests, patrons, clients, group contacts and service providers to ensure superior personalized service. Respond to guest comments effectively and promptly and follow up in order to ensure resolution. Assist in other areas of hotel if needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in variable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.