The Front Desk Manager is directly responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk, including and Valet departments. Manage all aspects of the front office areas which may include, but are not limited to guest registration, bell services, telephone services, guest services and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
· Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff; schedule, plan, and assign work. Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Monitor front office staff to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand and Company. Develop action plans to correct any deficiencies.
· Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities etc…
· Achieve budgeted revenues, control labor costs and expenses, and maximize profitability within all areas of the front office. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Maintain procedures for securities of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
· Establish, implement, and maintain training and procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
· Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
· Interact with outside contacts:
. Guests (to ensure their total satisfaction)
. Regulatory agencies (regarding safety and emergency matters)
. Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups)
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
· Maintain complete awareness of:
. Scheduled group activities and house count.
. Hotel facilities and services.
. Hours of operation.
. Facility layout.
. Fire and emergency plans.
. Departmental rules of conduct.
· Review department log records (Mod Report, MOD Log) and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift and follow up accordingly to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Responds to and resolves any guest issues or emergency situations.
· Supervises all Front Desk staff and delegates tasks as necessary. Promotes, supports and enforces hotel programs, policies and procedures.
· Projects a professional, friendly, and courteous image to guest, patrons, and staff.
· Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of including Front Desk and Valet to create a unique guest hospitality experience.
· Responsible for departmental staffing including, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, development, motivation, recognition, counseling, discipline and maintaining capable and qualified personnel.
· Conduct room and lobby inspections to ensure proper standards of quality, service, cleanliness and control are met.
· Direct and redirect action when necessary.
· Communicate all areas in need of attention to the appropriate departments.
· Successfully manage all front office administrative functions such as, billing, report preparation, generation and review, registration detail and departure coordination.
· Partner with the Reservations and Sales department to maximize occupancy and room revenue.
· Monitor fluctuations in business levels.
· Ensures that special requests and guest needs are addressed.
· Coordinate and confirm all amenity arrangements.
· Provide detailed information to guests and patrons regarding hotel services, hours of operation, key personnel, daily activities and special functions.
· Highly experienced in all areas of Front Office
· Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills.
· Working knowledge of common computer programs. OPERA a plus. Financial and analytical skills preferred.
· Proven supervisory skills such as: communication, training, delegating, problem solving, follow through, organization, prioritizing and ability to meet deadlines.
· Able to project a professional, friendly and courteous image to employees, guests and patrons.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of five years experience in hotel with two years management experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in hotel Management/Business Administration or equivalent
· Three years Front office/Guest Service experience including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Frequently standing behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling various objects
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems.
· Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to walk consistently throughout an 8 hour period.Apply Now