Food and Beverage Manager
The Standard, Melbourne
Join an exciting pre-opening Hotel team and the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene.
Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
We are seeking a charismatic leader to coordinate and manage the day-to-day restaurant, room and bar services in the Hotel while maximizing profitability and meeting customer’s needs.
- Manage all outlet’s food and beverage service to a consistently high standard, creating memorable dining experiences for our guests.
- In conjunction with the Executive team, develop operational policies and procedures for all outlets.
- Manage the full life cycle of each team member – appraise, encourage, coach and counsel, ensuring performance reviews are conducted on a probationary and annual basis and as required.
- Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of outlets, work areas, tableware, utensils and other materials and equipment used by all Food and Beverage areas.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly restaurant/bar reports and forecasts, commenting on key performance indicators and develop action to keep on target in terms of profitability goals.
- Be knowledgeable of and operate within appropriate outlet and Hotel liquor licensing guidelines and management policies.
- Maintain currency of RSA certification, amendments and updates and adhere to RSA principles.
- Establish on-going “on job” training programs within the department to meet Brand and service standards.
- Effectively use results of Guest feedback to improve product and service delivery.
- Adhere to the performance review system; ensuring frontline performance reviews are conducted for probationary and annual schedules and correct performance issues and counsel as required.
- Achieve effective communication by briefing and debriefing staff, holding regular departmental meetings, and actively encouraging transparent communication with other departments within the Hotel.
- Ensure all OH&S requirements and training are adhered to and ensure all health or safety hazards or incidents are reported in a timely manner. Hazards may include unsafe working conditions, equipment and machinery faults or damage, and other housekeeping or maintenance needs.
- Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling as prescribed by legislative regulations.
- Ensure your team is fully conversant with departmental fire and evacuation procedures.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated managerial experience of a quality Food and Beverage operation with at least two outlets.
- Excellent wine and beverage knowledge and experience.
- Experience with POS systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess financial acumen and understand the process of achieving budgeted profit by driving revenue and monitoring labour costs.
- Knowledge and experience with food safety and safe work practices and legislation.
- Experience with effective purchasing and stock control.
- Have a passion for delivering exceptional dining experiences and know it’s so much more than just a plated dish or a drink in a glass!
- A desire to lead, manage, mentor and coach a team.
- Impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to adapt and personalise guest experiences.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- And most importantly – possess a great, energetic work ethic and a vision and passion to build a fantastic team environment.
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply email email@example.com