Chef de Cuisine
The Standard, Melbourne
Join an exciting, pre-opening Hotel to launch the most powerful brand in the Boutique Hotel business, onto the Australian Hotel scene.
Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
Our Chef de Cuisine is an integral part of the kitchen management team, reporting directly to the Executive Chef, contributing to the execution of all culinary operations and supervising all culinary team members. Most importantly you will oversee service delivery and monitor food quality, assisting the Executive Chef with coaching, training, disciplinary actions and mediating conflicts.Responsibilities
- Work with the team to create exceptionable dining experiences maintaining a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
- Ensure the department is HACCP compliant and meets all hygiene and safety standards.
- Work with the Executive Chef to achieve cost of sales targets and objectives.
- Develop and ensure all department policies and procedures are adhered to and properly communicated including regular team briefings.
- Ensure stock and food inventory is properly managed in terms of purchasing, storage and stock rotation.
- Support the Executive Chef with management functions such as cost effective manning, rostering, timesheet approval, training, succession planning, identification and management of risks and WH&S regulations.
- Lead the team in positive way taking accountability for quality and consistency.
- Support the Executive Chef with menu creation, methods and techniques, purchasing and scheduling.
Experience & Qualifications
- A career focused collaborator who is passionate about creating extraordinary dining experiences.
- Appropriate Chef qualification in Commercial Cookery (minimum Certificate IV and a current Food Safety Handling Certificate)
- Demonstrated experience at a Senior Sous or CDC level.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team ensuring all team members are treated with respect, humility and kindness.
- Willingness to support a creative environment in a progressive and flexible manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all kitchen sections and required skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org