Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring the sales quotas are met. The job is the execution and coordination of plans and vision of the Sales Department and with special focus to yield maximum revenue per occupied room. This position may assign particular care for a specific region or market.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes current client base or target market for the Resort
- Devises new ways to expand the client base in assigned target markets
- Develops long term relationships with leading tour operators, travel agents, influential journalists, tourism bodies and affiliations to ensure market share and penetration, revenue generation
- Conduct site inspection tours for tour operators, travel agents or journalists. Host and entertain the clients by yourself or together with Director of Sales
- Corporates with out to organizations and businesses that might require a Resort for conferences and events to grow revenue within the group segment.
- Maintains the tour operator and travel agency database and tour operator contacts
- Designs and advertises special group rates and packages to increase larger bookings in corporate / supervision with Director of Sales
- Overcomes hesitations of clients to close a sale
- Processes payments and applies discounts as necessary
- Addresses and resolves any issues or complaints regarding sales or marketing
- Ensures that guests are enjoying their stay at the Resort and that large group needs are met
- Maintains positive relationships with clients to encourage repeat and recurring business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- College degree;
- 2-5 years in hotel sales;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally;
- Focus and good computer skills;
- Analytic knowledge of social media and market trends;
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally; other language desired
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
- Travel long and short haul on demand
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Provide clear directions.
- Follow up with subordinates to ensure completion of projects assigned.
- Understand guests’ service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Understand market segmentation, yield, and inventory management.
1. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance;
2. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity;
3. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift;
4. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping;
5. Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
1. Throughout the Resort we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
2. They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
3. They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
4. They are ambitious, vibrant, and social/friendly individuals;
5. They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
6. They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
7. They have personality and depth.
8. They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in the know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
9. They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech, and business;
10. They are engaging, socially adept, and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
11. They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
12. They are authentically themselves;
13. They want to play a role in constructing a kind and better world.Apply Now