Summary: Reconciles daily statements and month-end balancing of payables. Responsible for maintaining ledgers and records of hotel receivables and posting all transactions incurred in accordance with hotel standards. Reconciles daily statements and month-end balancing of receivables.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with all hotel wholesale packages, promotions, prices and rates to best service guests.
- Maintain accurate files on all authorized purchase orders according to Accounting procedures.
- Review open P.O.'s and resolve with Purchasing Agent.
- Match receiving invoices to authorized P.O.'s and review accuracy of charges; reconcile differences with Department Manager and/or vendor.
- Review vendor statements and reconcile any disputes. Resolve any invoices which are beyond the acceptable terms for payment.
- Prepare authorized invoices for payment to vendors according to Accounting procedures.
- Balance food and beverage invoices with Daily Receiving Report.
- Follow up on goods received without invoices.
- Verify ledger codes, batch invoices and post invoices following system procedures and Accounting policies.
- Print checks and attach to matched documentation; distribute to designated personnel for authorized signature.
- Trace all authorized service and contract payments and process payments according to contracted due dates.
- Maintain accurate record of all issued checks.
- Ensure security of all unused checks.
- Collate check copies, attach to respective invoices and file in appropriate vendor file.
- Print designated reports and distribute as specified by Director of Finance.
- Prepare applicable government, federal or required reports (i.e., sales tax, 1099, state liquor) according to accounting standards.
- Complete month-end and year-end closing procedures as specified, including monthly reports.
- Handle complaints following the hotel procedures and ensuring guest/vendor satisfaction.
- Stamp mail out date on checks back-up
- Prepare monthly accruals for outstanding invoices not posted.
- Print all city ledger accounts with a balance; verify accuracy of all accounts to be direct billed. Process remaining non-direct bill accounts according to departmental standards. Resolve discrepancies with Front Office Manager.
- Transfer direct billing accounts from city ledger to accounts receivable and file.
- Print aging
report for all accounts 30 days past due and submit to Controller weekly.
Post daily ck register and reconcile payments with the billing statements. Research discrepancies and resolve with Supervisor. Post all items on the sheet to corresponding invoice amount, stamp invoice paid and refill.
- Print travel agency commissions detail report; review travel agency exception report indicating pre-paid commissions; review guest folio room rates for correct commission rates due and record on commissions detail report. Post corrections and adjustments to travel agency accounts and print check requests for payment according to departmental procedures.
- Maintain barter account, weekly billing and provide folios to Controller for any items transferred into Barter Accounts.
- Post all checks received and apply to corresponding invoice.
- Make weekly collection calls.
- Two years of Accounting experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Data Plus and SAP are strongly preferred.
- Experience with computers, calculators or and Microsoft Office.
- High school Diploma/GED.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/visitors/vendors and hotel staff to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Periodical bending, kneeling is required.
- Occasionally required to pull, push, move, carry and lift at least 10 pounds of force.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, write, type and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers