Our mission is to provide creatively inspired and engaging hospitality that goes beyond the basics. We deliver the best services and experiences, while creating a comfortable, dynamic, and expressive space for all our hotel guests and surrounding communities.
We bring all this to life by embracing and empowering a diverse and dynamic collective of team members, collaborators and guests that find a home at The Standard.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Standard Brand Ambassador:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Job Overview: This positions main responsibility is to possess a solid neo-classic culinary background and be able to execute these skills and have the ability to develop and train staff.
Essential Requirements:Menu Development:
Assist Exec. Chef, in sourcing, pricing and creating relationships for all culinary products. Recipe & costing documentation Competitive Analysis
Food Cost & Budgeting:
- Drive strategic sourcing initiatives to increase food quality and consistency and decrease cost.
- Tightly manage recipes, ingredients, and processes to control for allergies.
- Invoice organization & “life cycle”
- Provide costing information
- Managing vendor relationships
- Sales analysis
- Waste awareness & utilization
- Maintain inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Spending within budget constraints
- Product cross utilization
- Train kitchen staff in food preparation, safe
handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on company
and Board of Health standards
with Director of Culinary, Executive Chef, & HR for all salaried
kitchen employee hires
of line cooks
with Director of F&B, Executive Chef and HR for any/all discipline,
training and “coach counsel” opportunities
efficiency, productivity and work flow
all staff operate according to hotel policy
staffing to seasonal trends and scaling labor to revenue
- Provides oversight to the development of
training tools for program implementation. Should include key materials to
include manuals, planning diagrams, plating specifications and associated flow
diagrams. Also responsible for creating culinary workshops and presentations.
descriptions, allergy charts
- Maintaining pars
- Budgeting labor
current change of status info with HR
Health & Safety :
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Inspection preparedness
- Following proper food safety practices in all of BOH as well as assist FOH
- HACCP Plan & implementation: logs, rigor, etc.
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures
Repair & Maintenance :
the kitchen and applicable equipment in working order
service calls with Engineering
staff of proper use & care of equipment
up with Engineering Dept. & vendors about repair status
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, and prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard policies and standards expectations
- Strong communication, organization, and management skills
- Ability to be initiative and work independently
- Ability to adhere to high levels of confidentiality
- Have an outgoing, upbeat personality and positive attitude
- Handle working in a high energy and fast paced environment
- Guest-service oriented
- Have the sincere desire to serve guests
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The employee will actively follow The Standard policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.