We aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As Banqueting Manager you are responsible for the daily operational success of The Standard’s Meeting and Events space and lead with a strong focus on luxury operations, guest satisfaction, financial performance and employee welfare.
You guide team members by demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge and upholding all department and hotel standards and use this to provide daily operational success for the Banqueting Department. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ongoing control and enhancement of quality standards and guest services
- Ensure that all banqueting operational equipment and guest facing areas maintain a first-class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor.
- Ensure all setups are completed in the timeline agreed with client as per BEO and adjustments are made in a timely manner.
- Schedule banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assist Events Sales in the preparation of upcoming events and their requirements, to ensure an appropriate planning of events with the clients.
- Work with the stewarding team to ensure that all operational equipment needs are met.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for colleagues.
- Promotes awareness of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol.
- Conducts all necessary communication meetings.
- Lead the banqueting server team in all day-to-day operations.
- Encourage and train staff to go beyond the norm for patrons through surprising and delighting.
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of all Meetings and Event’s policies and procedures and service standards.
- To have full knowledge of all menu and beverage lists and all other special promotions taking place in the hotel.
- To be able to answer any guest questions about menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Train staff on recommending food and beverages.
- Encourages camaraderie, personality and flair in the department.
- Addresses guest
problems and complaints.
- Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Build strong working relationships with other hotel departments
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
Knowledge and Experience
- Secondary / High school education
- Possible 2 year of relevant experience in a similar luxury hotel
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language