Retail Production Manager
Who We Are
Standard International is the company behind The Standard, Bunkhouse Group and The Peri Hotel, with offices in New York, Bangkok, London and Austin. The company has 19 hotels and food + beverage properties open with more to come. Standard International is on the forefront of immersive experience creation at its properties and technology-driven innovation in the industry, including its spontaneous booking application, One Night Standard.
The Retail Production Manager is responsible for the development of new retail styles from concept to production via interaction with internal and external partners. Retail items will include apparel, accessories and home goods.
Summary of Duties
- Sources / rebids.
- Tests product.
- Purchases / contracts.
- Manages production timeline / receives.
- Oversees warehousing.
- Includes e-commerce, property and influencer / promo fulfillment.
- Sends property invoices to Finance for processing.
- Updates website and sales sheets with changing product.
- Updates Shopify.
- Creates social / PR plan for review (6 posts / year).
- Create annual plan for retail using company provided template (e.g., holiday gift, pride merch etc.).
- Works in consort with Art department on brand merchandising (3x / year e.g., custom property sweatshirts).
- Acts as customer service including resolving issues and returns.
- Provides accurate monthly inventory on products in warehouse and on consignment where applicable.
- Reorder set pars with monthly review of inventory.
- Export set reports from Shopify and populate templates to provide monthly recap on retail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage production calendar with internal design team and VP, Brand Marketing.
- Partner with design on initial product development as well as reach out to properties regularly to ensure their requests for new merchandise are considered.
- Source new product ideas that represent the brand.
- Calculate costing, margins, markups and retails.
- Build monthly deliveries for new product deliveries as well as ensure evergreen products are always in stock.
- Order placement (creating/issuing PO’s), tracking production, monitoring delivery status.
- Ensure first samples are received on time, lead interaction to drive the decision-making approval process with creative VPs.
- Work with outside shipping partners and warehouse manager to ensure orders are booked on time in order to meet punctual delivery to customers.
- Execute sourcing strategy and develop relationships with current and new factories. Own, monitor and manage factory allocation.
- Manage communication with properties to ensure they understand the production calendar and can properly budget for retail buys annually.
- Request and process all property retail buys, combine, and create batch POs for each factory. Manage orders through delivery to each property, drop ship directly when possible.
- Build long term department sourcing strategy and allocation plan.
- Manage internal communication to manager setting monthly and quarterly goals to ensure annual retail sales goals are achieved.
- Communicate all high-level issues in an urgent timely manner.
- Manage all controllable costs with a view to maintaining profitability.
- Analyze sales and revenue reports and make forecasts.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years of production management experience.
- Proven track record of production management best practices.
- Computer proficient, proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Must possess negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principles
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual Preferred.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Work 5 days a week in office environment and / or retail shop as needed.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing 15 lbs. Without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range of $70k - $75 / year with bonus potential of up to 5%.
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage.
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance.
- 401k with Company match.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 6 sick/personal days per year.
- Company recognized holidays.
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace.
- Office Lunches 2x/week, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts.
- Regularly scheduled super FUN staff events and celebrations!