Circa $ 75K - 85K per year · 10 % Bonus
The most powerful brand in the boutique hotel business. Founded in 1998, The Standard's irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife, and beyond.
Located today in New York, Miami, Maldives and London. Located tomorrow in Asia and Europe and so many more. The Standard is known for its taste-making clientele, pioneering design, and unrelenting un-Standard-ness. From prodigious opulence at The Top of The Standard to serene island dreams in the Maldives, you never quite know what to expect, save for a beautiful setting, a fresh twist on Modernist design, and a smashing good time.
The Standard is a part of Standard International - a New York based hospitality company with 16 hotels and food & beverage properties, under The Standard brand as well as Bunkhouse Hotels and Peri Hotel brands.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Graphic Designer who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos and assume full responsibility for our Commercial team at Standard International Management (HQ) - NYC
- The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing designs under the guidance of the Art Director and the VP of Brand Marketing. A key support role on a project, the Graphic Designer will collaborate across departments to create integrated marketing and brand-based graphic design and artwork.
- The Graphic Designer must have the ability to work on several different projects and have excellent time management skills to switch from one to the other without missing a deadline. The ideal candidate is conceptual and collaborative with an understanding of digital design, visual marketing and UX.
- The Graphic Designer must have an understanding and both print and digital production design, as well as file management.
- The Graphic Designer must have the ability to translate ideas into concepts for a non-technical audience.
- 3-4+ years of experience in graphic design, at least 1 year in digital design.
- Previous experience working in a digital, agency, advertising or design environment.
- Presentation experience.
- A strong sense of typography and graphic design.
- An execution-driven creative who can communicate well across departments.
- Proficient in Adobe CC – Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects or Premiere—ability to work within a template.
- IT skills (Microsoft Office and PPT).
- Drawing and illustration skills are a plus.
- The ability to work with others effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Pragmatic approach, able to multitask.
- Design digital marketing material for brand email campaigns, events, and all property specific needs.
- Design and maintain the core branding assets, initiatives and system around the brand and properties comprehensively.
- Work in collaboration with marketing directors, managers, producers and art director, to interpret and develop project directions.
- Liaising with art director and internal stakeholders to discuss and understand briefs.
- Developing concepts to suit the department’s needs and budget and timeframe.
- Contributing innovative ideas and designs to briefs/requests.
- Working with a wide range of media to produce artwork.
- Making sure work is proofread to ensure high quality work.
- Ensuring you are up to date with design trends and tools.
- PTO – 10 days’ Vacation, 6 days Sick/Personal, 15 Company Recognized Holidays
- 401K – 2% Company Match
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & ADD and Pet Insurance
- 25% Discount on F & B at all our properties
- 25% Discount in our Retail Stores
- Free Wednesday Lunches
- Summer Friday
- Friendly Employee Rates at all our properties
- Friends + Family Code to Share with Nearest + Dearest
- Office Happy Hours (in office or offsite at curated venues)
- Super Fun Summer Party
- Super Duper Fun Holiday Party
- Modern Office / Co-working Space designed by Standard Hotels Design
- Endless Culture and Vibe
- Eclectic + Interesting Teammates
- Inspiring Leadership
- Plus, we’re going (Very) Global
These benefits are subject to change from time to time.Apply Now