The Operations Manager is a key contributing stakeholder on creative visioning work for the SIM Operations team and is responsible for keeping track of the big picture, as well as identifying potential areas of improvement within our property operations.
You will be assessing and analyzing departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits. Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency and revenue. Identifying opportunities to expand or shift course in order to take advantage of changes in the market.
You will be responsible for driving day to day operations within the property teams and with key personnel within SIM to ensure timely output of high-quality deliverables, including F&B outlet concepts, pitch collaterals, and programming coordination following industry standard project management techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and clearly communicates both internally and externally the vision for Food and Beverage initiatives for The Standard brand, worldwide.
- Supports the creative output of the Food and Beverage team for new hotel projects and existing property outlets; concepting and collaborating with the VP of F&B, VP Operations and other Executive level roles in the Design, Brand and Marketing departments.
- Communicates the creative vision and guidance to the Corporate F&B teams on menu direction and service direction to ensure brand and concept vision alignment at all times.
- Travels to hotel sites to help support projects from a F&B perspective and be a part of task force.
- Supports recruitment efforts, by tapping into personal and professional networks to help secure top tier talent for The Standard properties.
- Collaborate with other departments and vendors to ensure all SIM requests are being compiled and completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner. Ensure that all necessary communications are handled in a proactive and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain critical paths for all new and existing projects while ensuring all corporate and property level team members stay on task and deliver items allocated to them.
- Assist in ensuring that all information necessary to prepare and distribute project documents has been assimilated and that the latest documents are distributed accurately and on time with schedules and timelines.
- Owns the F&B and Operations digital infrastructure, including file sharing, development of SOP, documentation, and other administrative tasks.
- Develop and deliver presentation decks, narratives, concepts & proformas for new projects and any renovations or upgrades to existing properties.
- Help develop and deliver pre-opening budgets, proformas and any other financial reports requested for new and existing properties.
- Deliver market surveys and comp-set analysis for new projects.
- Participate in & lead trainings (as appropriate) during new property openings and/or during a relaunch at an existing hotel.
- Learn and regularly use proficiency in all systems used in F&B, hotel operations areas (Avero, BirchStreet, Opera, Canary, Cendyne, etc.).
- Update the VP of F&B and VP of Operations with daily/weekly summary reports, new schedules, and/or other pertinent information.
- Follows direction and task assigned.
- Provide thoughtful leadership at a manager level on how to develop and scale a sustainable F&B model as The Standard continues to grow and add properties globally.
- Support VP of F&B and VP of Operations in collaborating with key stakeholders, including ownership groups, and SIM Executive Team, Brand, Marketing, and Design departments.
- Maintain a positive presence within SIM and with property operations teams globally, including serving as an ambassador and role model of SIM.
- Support collaborative efforts with the Operations and Finance teams to ensure that concepts for new hotel projects and existing project re-concepts are sound from an operational and financial perspective.
- Constantly be a champion for creativity, collaboration, quality, and activism within all operations initiatives, and within hospitality holistically.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in similar hotel operations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in some form of Hotels / Hospitality.
- Computer Skills: Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, PDF’s, InDesign or CAD.
- Software Skills (preferred): Micros, Squirrel, SevenRooms, OpenTable, Avero, BirchStreet, Accubar, Knowcross, Opera, Canary, Cendyne.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual Preferred.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.