Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is
never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Maximize sales revenue across multiple market segments including corporate, groups, and entertainment. Maintain department’s tracking systems, databases and reports. Represent the sales department both internally and externally in a professional manner in accordance with the company standards.
Director of Sales
hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful
group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand
of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales reservation requests, traces and coordination;
· Achieve weekly prospecting goals consistently;
· Meet required individual sales goals;
· Report on a monthly basis plan/goal as directed by Sales Director;
· Follow up on progress of booked business and key account performance;
· Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase sales activity, volume and profit;
· Participate in sales meetings and industry related organizations to represent the company;
· Maintain Opera/Delphi/Cendyn databases;
· Conduct site inspections and client entertainment as required;
· Sales VIP program (research and identify as appropriate);
· RFP tracking and submissions for corporate accounts;
· Group proposals, contracts, rooming lists and at times client management;
· Manage assigned sales accounts as well as prospect and qualify new business;
· Coordinate rate loading for TA and corporate RFP negotiations;
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards;
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
College degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field
· Hotel experience required;
· Knowledge of Opera and Delphi required
· Ability to enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems;
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor;
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level of attention to detail;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.