Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Check main items for service and make sure they are ready for use.
· If something is missing, take care of problem immediately: including prep & staff.
· Supervise and assist staff as they prep for all shift.
· Monitor the cleanliness of each station; make sure that they maintain their work areas.
· Make sure the kitchen stays open until all tables have food, including dessert.
· Maintain and encourage respect between kitchen and front of house.
· Coordinate with FOH Manager to communicate 86’s, specials and end of the night checkout.
· Must inspect every plate for proper seasoning, temperature and neatness before it leaves the kitchen.
· Must organize time and manage breaks for hourly staff.
· Make sure that all staff adheres to the guidelines of their perspective jobs.
· Lead by example! You will be held to much higher standards than those of the hourly staff.
· Always be punctual, and in complete uniform when starting shift.
· Be properly groomed according to handbook standards.
· Maintain a clean uniform, have a good attitude and act professionally at all times.
· Respond immediately when asked to do something by Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
· Help clean, consolidate and organize all coolers and freezers as directed by Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
· Recipe and Costing Assistance
· Keeping the kitchen and applicable equipment in working order
· Placing service call with engineering
· Managing vendor relationships
· Spending within budget constraints
· Invoice organization and Life cycle
· Assist in Menu development
· Provide costing information
· Spearhead Ordering and inventory process.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.