Manager of Corporate Sales, The Standard, High Line
Director of Sales
To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who choose to call The Standard home.
Maximize sales revenue across the corporate segment. Maintain department’s tracking systems, databases and reports. Represent the sales department both internally and externally in a professional manner in accordance with the company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Sales reservation requests, traces and coordination;
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary;
· Meet required individual sales goals;
· Report on a monthly basis plan/goal as directed by Sales Director;
· Follow up on progress of booked business and key account performance;
· Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase sales activity, volume and profit;
· Participate in sales meetings and industry related organizations to represent the company;
· Assist with development of annual budget and development of sales and marketing plan;
· Conduct site inspections and client entertainment as required;
· Sales VIP program (research and identify as appropriate);
· RFP tracking and submissions for corporate accounts;
· Manage established corporate accounts as well as prospect and qualify new business;
· Coordinate rate loading for TA and corporate RFP negotiations;
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards;
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· College degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field preferred;
· Hotel experience required;
· Knowledge of Opera; Lanyon; Agency360 required
· Ability to enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems;
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor;
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level of attention to detail;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The employee will actively follow The Standard policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Salary Range- 80k-90k plus bonus
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now