Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Direct: Director of Revenue Management
Internal: Front Office, Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales, Accounting
External: Hotel guests/visitors
Provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel facilities/services, hours of operation.
- All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations.
- Room availability for any given day.
- Restricted dates, rates and room types.
- All room rates, packages and promotions.
- Specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies, corporate reservations center.
- Entertainment/special events scheduled in the hotel.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Answer telephone calls within three rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, telex, mail, internally and through corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain accurate information in guest history files.
- Maximize rate for all reservations.
- Promote and sell holiday and other packages to callers requesting reservations on designated dates.
- Assist callers with dining room reservations and amenity orders.
- Verify availability. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out dates.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from airport to hotel; input and document such requests.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., share withs, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
- Verify all reservation information with caller to ensure accuracy.
- Input correct information into proper fields to inform other departments of pertinent information (i.e., flags, comments, guest message).
- Document all information for manual reservations on designated form.
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Obtain approval from Front Desk management for same day reservations on near sell-out dates.
- Process confirmation letters.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Initiate deposit refunds for non-group reservations.
- Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet or convention requests to the Sales Department.
- Create individual files and group masters with designated information for each group booking received from the Sales Department. Update changes received from Sales.
- Set up group room blocks in the system. Book group reservations against the room block.
- Input group rooming lists.
- Monitor group cut-off dates and review with Sales or group contact.
- Review group resumes and convey all pertinent information in the system to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor and maintain wait lists daily.
- Process requests for mailing brochures, correspondence and package information.
- Compile and maintain information for daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Agent.
- Reconcile third party commission reservations
- Know how to use the OTA extranets
- Run additional reporting for reservations as needed.
- Enter knowcross hotel order for guest complaints
- Contact area hotels for availability and rates.
- Assist PBX and Front Desk as assigned.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Some college or training in the Hospitality Industry.
- Previous experience as a Reservation Agent.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Remain in stationary position for 8 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
WORK AREA: Reservations Office, Front Office, Sales & Marketing Office
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around chemicals.
Benefits for working
at The Standard:
Paid Time Off – starts accruing on the first day of work
FT Employees – Health Benefits starts on 91st day of work
Employee Perks – Friends & Family Hotel Rates
Employee Perks – 25% F&B discount
Employee Referral Program – hourly $250; MGT $500, paid after (90) days of work
Wage Works- save money on your commute
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.