The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of Every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Manages the Reservations Department in its entirety, including training and scheduling the reservations team, ensuring the team’s work efficiencies by establishing and reviewing SOPs, ensuring the reservations department is meeting the goals set forth, and assisting where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests, visitors, and other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel facilities/services and F&B venues, hours of operation.
- All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations.
- Room availability for any given day.
- Restricted dates, rates and room types.
- All room rates, packages and promotions.
- Specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies, corporate reservations center.
- Entertainment/special events scheduled in the hotel.
- All departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Ensure that the Reservation lines are attended at all times during scheduled hours and that sufficient staffing ispresent to meet the daily business demands.
- Schedule and assign staff schedules and breaks.
- Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities, and train staff on COYLE expectations.
- Prepare and communicate assignments to the staff. Assign additional tasks as they arise.
- Perform periodic audits of staff performance and efficiency, and provide feedback, and ensure completion of daily checklists.
- Answer telephone calls within three rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette, and handle escalations as necessary.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, e-mail, internally and through corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain accurate information in guest history files and flag VIPs, communicating them to relevant departments.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., share withs, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet or convention requests to the Sales or Events Department.
- Book group reservations against the room block.
- Compile and maintain information for daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Reconcile third party commission reservations and resolve any discrepancies.
- Know how to use the OTA extranets
- Run additional reporting for reservations as needed.
- Utilize Knowcross for hotel guest services needs.
- Book large party inquiries for The Wine Room, The Garden Room, The Plaza, The Stammtisch Tables, Le Bain and Boom which include:
- Make the booking in CRM Reservation System
- Make the booking in Web Based event booking system
- Discuss plans and needs as requested by guest which can involve meeting with the guest in person and/or discussing information over the phone
- Follow up within 24 hours if guest has not yet responded
- Once confirmed, updating CRM and Web Based event booking system
- Make menu and send to guest for approval and create BEO
- Post kitchen info sheets of the menu selections
- Follow up with guest within 48 hours of their reservation date to confirm all details
- Complete the Daily Checklist for F&B with duties that include but are not limited to:
- Change, Update and Print Menus for all relevant F&B Outlets as needed, including Standard Grill/Grill Cafe (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Holiday Specials), Top of the Standard (Sunset, Late Night, Cocktail) , Standard Plaza/Living Room (All Day, Late Night, Ice Rink), Le Bain (Cocktail), Kitchen Hood Cleaning (Room Service, Standard Grill/Grill Cafe, Standard Plaza/Living Room)
- Maintain reservations daily and weekly for all F&B outlets
- Scan and check all receipts from the Private Events to ensure that minimums were met and to keep database of sales for the rooms
- Maintain a supply of all menus as needed for the following day.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- 2+ years experience as a Reservations Agent, preferably at a lifestyle hotel.
- 1+ years experience in F&B operations or administrative role.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Previous experience with hotel management systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections or discipline when needed.
- Some college or training in the Hospitality Industry.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range $60-63k per year
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holiday
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now