Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Food and Beverage
Direct: Executive Chef & Sous Chef(s)
Responsible for prep and production as needed. Receiving and storing all deliveries as they arrive. Upkeep of the employee cafeteria. Helping to maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prep vegetables, fruit, shellfish, meats and recipes as directed by Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Stay focused and calm at all times
- Be able to adapt to business levels
- Assist Executive Chef and Sous Chefs in checking in all products as it arrives.
- Properly shelve and rotate all product according to F.I.F.O. (first in first out)
- Properly ice down all applicable seafood and dumb water as it melts.
- Properly label and cover all food at appropriate temperatures.
- Must keep knives sharp at all times.
- Always be punctual and in complete uniform when starting shift.
- Be properly groomed according to handbook standards.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation, and clean uniform.
- Always have a red sanitation bucket with sanitizer.
- Have a good attitude and act professional at all times.
- Respond immediately when asked to do something by Executive Chef or Sous Chefs.
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions, preferably bilingually.
- Must bring own knives and tools, specific job oriented tools will be provided.
- Have prior experience in similar position.
- Must know how to cook to correct temperature.
- Must know how to properly sharpen a knife.
- Advanced product knowledge.
- NY State Food Handlers Certificate.
- Have advanced knife skills.
- Have organizational skills.
- Have sanitation skills.
- Command of the English language.
- Must have Open Availability to be considered.
- Must have proper means of transportation to be considered.
- Level of experience in a high volume, high end hotel is recommended but not required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Work with sharp objects in a safe manner.
- Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race,
color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership
status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship
status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical
condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information,
status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or
stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state,
or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best
qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work
quality, suitability, experience, and potential.