The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
As a painter in the engineering department, you will be responsible to apply paint, stain and other finishes for property walls, ceilings, and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers. Additionally responsible to clean up, store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas. And follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to apply primer, paint, plaster for repair work, stain to property walls, ceilings, and furniture.
- Able to effectively use brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Responsible for maintaining property color scheme specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining and match shades of particular areas.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and posts appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Take care of the area when the front of the house area-painting job is being carried out.
- Always place the ‘Work in Progress’ signboard when working in public area or guest rooms.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Any other job or duties assigned by the management as and when required
- Able to speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers
- Previous experience working in hotel/ resort/hospitality settings
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a full-service hotel or similar capacity in a service industry
Compensation and Benefits
Pay Rate $ 30 per hour
Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
401k with Company match
160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.