Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, preparation method, ingredients, sauces, preparation time, garnishes, presentation and prices.
· Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for drinks
· Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list
· Maintain complete knowledge of guest room layout, locations and room numbers/names.
· Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, using equipment only as intended.
· Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
· Maintain knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems
· Complete opening side duties as assigned:
o Check quality and amount of all Room Service stock and supplies using checklist.
o Fold/stack Room Service napkins.
o Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Room Service.
o Set tables and trays according to service standards.
o Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, and juices) and beverages (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) according to service standards.
o Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
o Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits, and salads).
o Check cleanliness and condition of all equipment for use in Room Service area, rectify any deficiencies.
o Ensure all flowers and decorative items are fresh for guest use/replace flowers in bud vase.
· Retrieve all food orders from kitchen and place on table/tray in accordance with the departmental standards.
· Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and place on table/tray in accordance with the departmental standards.
· Transport tables/trays from Room Service area to guest rooms, ensuring all standards of food presentation are maintained and that no spillage occurs.
· Enter the guest room and place the table/tray by following the established departmental procedures.
· Serve the food items and beverages to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
· Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
· Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy. Maintain positive guest relations and employee relations.
· Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
· Handle guest complaints following correct procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Present check to guest for signature/payment.
· Adhere to all payment procedures established by Accounting.
· Set up and deliver amenities to designated rooms.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all service areas, guest rooms and guest corridors following procedures laid down in departmental standards.
· Transport all tables/trays from guest rooms to Room Service area as assigned.
· Clean and reset tables/trays, maintaining sufficient supply in the Room Service area.
· Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
· Complete closing side duties:
o Properly store all reusable goods.
o Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
o Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
o Restock items for next service.
o Remove all dirty linen; fold napkins.
o Marry and stock all condiments.
o Reset tables/trays.
· Complete all closing reports as assigned.
· Order Taking:
o Answer In-Room Dining phone within four rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
o Take guests’ food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques and following all departmental standards.
o Ensure accuracy of guest name and room number of each order for delivery.
o Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by kitchen.
o Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy.
o Maintain positive guest relations.
o Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
o Handle guest complaints following the procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
o Access all functions of the POS system in accordance to specifications. Restock journal tape and change ribbons as needed.
o Input orders into system and distribute to Servers; ensure authorization for room charges. When system is down, obtain manual checks and follow all Accounting procedures.
o Ensure timely set up and delivery of orders.
o Organize, document and track pick up of dirty trays/tables; direct staff as required to retrieve dirty trays/tables.
o Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
o Accommodate guest requests for change courteously.
o Input charges for amenity orders and coordinate delivery of such with Servers; following departmental procedures.
o Organize, input and distribute advance orders and doorknob menu orders according to departmental procedures.
o Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization within working area, following procedures laid down in departmental standards.
o Assist and oversee In-Room Dining Colleagues in their job functions as specified in departmental standards.
o Settle all checks opened under own ID. Settle all checks before leaving; report open checks to In-Room Dining supervisor/manager.
o Complete designated closing reports in the POS system.
o Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
o Legibly complete designated cashier reports and distribute in accordance with accounting procedures.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.