The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of Every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendry Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison between guests and The Standard
- Participate in New Hire Orientation
- Review today, next day arrivals (three days on the weekends), and all departures to research guest information and update guest profiles in Opera and Cendyn
- Communicate with Sales and Marketing team any arriving, in house, or departed guests that might be of interest of the brand or potential frequent clients
- Prepare VIP reports and distribute to the corporate office and hotel
- Assign VIP rooms and communicate with all departments
- Participate in daily staff line ups
- Possess the ability to assist staff in all FO job responsibilities – including break coverage and MOD Duties.
- Prepare requests for VIP amenities and ensure communication within all departments for proper delivery, proper placing and look, tracking, and retrieval
- Assist merging profiles
- Consistently communicate with peers with all other properties to share information, initiatives and information about our guests.
- Review and maintain all email communication to our guests.
- Welcome and greet guests, provide property tours, share the knowledge of our brand
- Assist to maintain the proper Vibe in all public areas, including lighting, music, etc
- Attend morning meetings
- Address guests complaints and become guests ally
- Taste the employee meals for quality control
- Walking public areas being the Standard Ambassador and ensuring guests are having a great experience
- Provide every Friday treats, such as donuts, pastries, or sweets to Director of Room Operations
- Execute, maintain, train, and inspect that Coyle Standards are followed within the Front Office
- Contact VIP and loyal guests of the brand with pre and post departure emails
- Assist with all aspects of new hire integration into the Front Office department = initial orientation, uniform, training schedule, provide & review all necessary material for training, perform progress evaluations every 30 days for first 90 days (written tests, etc)
- Maintain Concierge database and prepare Where We Go documents for our guests
- Oversee Quality program. Conduct weekly meeting with corresponding departments
- Review and respond to guest reviews on designated channels, especially Trip Advisor with a focus on decreasing hotel score
- Understand and maintain Revinate systems to produce data to improve Guest experience
- Be the point of contact for ownership reservations and requests
- Conduct room inspections for VIP arrivals
- Maintain and create partnerships with local business
- Other duties as requested by Director of Front office, Director of Room Operations or General Manager
- Front office/Guest Service experience including management experience, or an equivalent
- Combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel Management/Business Administration,
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling various objects
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Prior work experience in a related area
- College degree or currently studying hospitality, business management or other relevant coursework
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range $65 - $75K / year
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holiday
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now