Events Cook, The Standard, High Line
Executive Chef, CDC, Executive Sous Chef & Sous Chef’s
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Food & Beverage
Direct: Executive Chef, CDC, Executive Sous Chef, & Sous Chef’s
Responsible but not limited to the prep and execution of your daily assigned station. To be extremely responsive to Chef/Manager requests and correctly follow all instructions on proper cooking and handling techniques, station set up, cleaning and maintenance. To work with the speed and efficiency necessary and determined by Chefs. To be responsible of all mise en place, it’s handling, labeling, cleaning, care and storage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keep station organized and clean based on Chefs discretion.
· Familiarize self with menu, style of food, cooking techniques and specials.
· Organize time and station efficiently in order to be ready for service on time every day. Ask for help when in need.
· Able to work in different stations or outlets on daily basis per Chef’s discretion.
· Understand the method of the kitchen: Help the prep team and butchers because they help you. Set up your station and excel in service, continue to prep when business levels are low. Prep vegetables, fruit, shellfish, meats and all recipes as directed by Executive Chef and other Chefs.
· No One should be standing around waiting for work to do, ever.
· Assist fellow Line Cooks during busy times.
· Respond immediately when asked to do something by Executive Chef or Sous Chefs
· Remain focused and calm under pressure. Have a good attitude and act professionally at all times, must respond to constructive criticism
· Be vocal! Callbacks and recognition are essential.
· Assisting the Chef’s in holding your teammates accountable for the same responsibilities the Chef’s hold you.
· To have all completed products approved by a Chef on duty.
· To check out with a Chef on duty every day at the end of the shift and relay any important information regarding the prep list.
· You are responsible for managing your timeclock responsibilities correctly or subject to HR review.
· You are expected to arrive and clock-in on time per the weekly schedule and in uniform.
o Uniform: Chef Pants, Work Jacket or Shirt, Non-Slip, closed toed shoes, Hat, Apron and Tools.
· Be properly groomed according to handbook standards.
· Clocking in late from your break will be treated the same arriving late for your shift.
· Properly shelve and rotate all products according to F.I.F.O (first in first out)
· Label everything, using the correct amount of label, clear and legible handwriting and initial your work.
· Menus, outlet responsibilities change – you are to allow and work with those changes.
· Be able to adapt to business levels, including staying busy during slow times.
· Cook everything to the absolute best of your ability.
· Communicate with Chefs and to each other to execute tables correctly.
· Always be punctual, and in complete uniform when starting shift.
· Be properly groomed according to handbook standards.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation, and clean uniform.
· Always have a red sanitation bucket with sanitizer.
· Always inspect and taste everything on station to ensure freshness, and everything that is prepared to make sure that the seasoning and flavor is perfect and consistent.
· Must keep knives sharp at all times.
consolidate and organize all coolers and freezers as directed by Executive Chef
and Sous Chefs.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions, preferably bilingually.
· Must bring own knives and tools, specific job oriented tools will be provided.
· Have prior experience in similar position.
· Must know how to cook to correct temperature.
· Must know how to properly sharpen a knife.
· Advanced product knowledge.
· NY State Food Handlers Certificate.
· Have advanced knife skills.
· Have organizational skills.
· Have sanitation skills.
· Command of the English language.
· Must have Open Availability to be considered.
· Must have proper means of transportation to be considered.
· Level of experience in a high volume, high end hotel is recommended but not required.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Work with sharp objects in a safe manner.
· Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes.
Cafeteria Upkeep: As a member of the culinary team we are in the unique positon to benefit from the hotel’s staff cafeteria but are also responsible for its offerings and upkeep. The cafeteria is the most important reflection of hospitality and care that we as Cooks and Chefs can provide, if we do not treat each other well we cannot provide excellent service and care to our guests. All culinary team members are expected to exercise awareness and assistance in maintaining high cafeteria standards from providing food, cleaning, maintenance or any other directives asked by the F&B team.
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Salary- $24/ hour
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now