Director of Front Office
Hotel General Manager
To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Director of the Front Office manages all aspects of the front office areas which may include, but are not limited to guest registration, bell services, business center, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. The Director also assists the Hotel Manager in any requested tasks.
Hotel General Manager
Front Office Department
· All department managers
· Hotel guests/visitors
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration
· At least 5 years of work experience in Front Office/Guest Services
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports
· Knowledgeable of all market segments, management strategies and techniques.
· Operational knowledge of reservations and national sales process.
· Knowledgeable of all corporate department functions.
· Ability to develop and deliver effective training.
· Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and various property specific applications
o Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
o Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
o Handling various objects
o Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Provides an issue free work environment through motivation, support, empowerment and development for all personnel.
· Proactively strives to build positive working relationships through teamwork and clear communication.
· Ensures that all decisions and resulting actions are aligned with The Standard, High Line’s policy of 100% guest satisfaction producing a high level of service.
· Has a strategic perspective by continuously developing our brand and integrating it into every aspect of the guest experience.
· Approves and facilitates associates 90-day and annual performance reviews.
· Assists in continuously evaluating the performance of Front Office staff and takes corrective actions when necessary.
· Maintains and accounts for assigned cash bank and front office cash record on daily basis documenting as necessary.
· Solves, rectifies and mediates guest’s issues.
· Corrects billing adjustments when necessary.
· Reviews daily arrivals and ensures all guest preferences and special requests are fulfilled.
· Approves / Conducts monthly departmental meetings with Front Desk Managers including preparing the agenda, scheduling and preparing the meeting minutes/follow up.
· Implements and monitors the “up-sell” incentive program.
· Completes all ordering/purchasing for department in line with checkbook/budget to any variance to budget must be approved by senior management.
· Establishes supply par levels and ensures proper supply on hand at all times
· Oversee productivity performance in all Front office areas, flexing labor when necessary
· Approves Front Office schedules as prepared by Front Desk Managers
· Approves hourly line staff 90 day and annual reviews
· Prepares Desk Manager 90 day and annual reviews
· Assists Front Desk Managers as necessary.
· Monitors results of arrival and departure audits conducted by Front Desk Managers.
· Plans and conducts departmental training.
· Reviews and approve coaching / counseling (Disciplinary Action Forms) prepared by front Desk Managers.
· Ensures Succession planning for Front Desk Managers, Supervisors and GSA’s.
· Ensures daily information has been reviewed with all associates prior to the start of their shift by Front Desk Manager including VIP’s.
· Ensures Groups are checked out, balances are paid and guest ledger is current for the day
· Reviews guests’ feedback from all sources and implements plans for improvement.
· Resolves / covers any staff shortages that arise on shift and is proactive in resolving any future staffing issues.
· Establishes and Maintains Front Office inventory controls as it relates to equipment, supplies and uniforms.
· Maintains computer equipment for proper functioning and Resolves/Communicates with IT and PMS Support as required.
· Prepares and follows up on incidents and accident reports.
· Reviews no-shows and facilitates further action
· Attends Daily Management Action Meetings
· Attends weekly department head meeting
· Communicates with other departments: housekeeping, maintenance, banquets to ensure any outstanding guest issues have been resolved.
· Reviews all group arrivals to ensure billing and room type information are correct.
· Conducts interviews for front office positions as needed.
· Reviews schedules and maintains productivity in line with budget.
Ensures that payroll is updated daily and edits are few as all
associates are required to punch
in / out.
· Facilitates the training and development of all associates.
· Assists Hotel Manager with any requested tasks.
· Understands The Standard, High Line product and brand identity, and upholds all service procedures and communication standards as outlined by brand Standard Operating Procedures.
· Performs daily Guest Service Agent duties during peak periods or as needed.
· Have Internal 1 on 1 with each reporting Manager on a bi monthly basis
· Help team understand the need for correct and fair progressive discipline
· 30-60-90 day evaluation needed for all new hires
· Ensure that all rules apply fairly to the Front Office team
· Lead overall quality score and trip advisor score communication
· Develop junior managers with training and development plan
· Lead quality committee in a bi monthly meeting
· Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.