Director of Finance, The Standard, High Line
The Standard, High Line is a fast paced, high revenue, F&B heavy boutique hotel situated in the Meatpacking District seeking a true leader for their Director of Finance position who can handle high volume and multiple outlets.
Standard Hotels redefined boutique hospitality. Our collection consists of trendy hotels around the world. As the flagship of The Standard’s US properties, The Standard, High Line boasts 338 rooms and 5 F&B venues as well as events, room service and minibar.
We are anything BUT standard, we hope you are as well! Join our team and help share The Standard with the world.
The Director of Finance for The Standard, High Line is responsible for all aspects of the finance department and all financial reporting for the property. The Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the property by supplying management with guidance and training. This position is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accountable for the entire financial operation and control of the property.
· Manage and communicate cash flow related issues which includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
· Monitor hotel and food & beverage revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with established guidelines.
· Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies.
· Monitor the capital planning process by calculating the of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
· Ensure property’s compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes.
· Create an environment of control and economic responsibility for the property in all departments.
· Establish property systems and controls by effectively and efficiently utilizing the property’s financial resources.
· Enforce compliance on all these items.
· Prepare and compile budgets; monitor operating budgets and capital budgets.
· Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise executive team in maintaining the property’s financial objectives. Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis.
· Develop and maintain Finance staff structure. Embrace a continuous growth environment by recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining and rewarding an inventory of Controllers, Assistant Controllers, Accounting Managers, and other Finance employees for the organization.
· Assist in preparing and executing monthly Ownership financial package.
· Provide oversight to ensure that Internal Audit minimum score of 80% is achieved.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· Minimum of eight years of related progressive experience in hotel and/or food & beverage accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/ Finance concentration and a minimum of 4-years of related progressive experience.
· Experience preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel; opening experience preferred.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Accuracy and efficiency with mathematical calculations.
· Proficiency with computers and financial systems.
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor.
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail.
· Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
· Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The employee will actively follow The Standard policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Salary- $180k-$220k annually
The Standard, High Line Employer LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.