To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Standard Grill
Provide supplies and support to all F&B staff. Maintain and clean all service areas and floor areas where sectioned, per side work sheets and SOP’s.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Set up, clear and clean tables before, during and after the service.
· Provide assistance and supplies to all servers.
· Polish and stock equipment for operation (silverware, linens & glassware).
· Constant checking, cleaning and maintenance of all Food & Beverage areas.
· Ensure guest tables and public areas are maintained at all times to Hotel and Design standards and expectations.
· Replenish side stations throughout service
· Deliver food from kitchen to floor efficiently
· Ensure guest tables are maintained at all times to company standards and expectations
· Describe food items presented to guests when necessary
· Serve as the liaison between the service staff and kitchen regarding all food information and special requests
· Work closely with servers and kitchen on the timing of food
· Setting up and closing the expedition station in the kitchen
· Assist in setting up tables properly
· Complete all side work duties per SOP’s, including pre-shift, post-shift, daily, weekly and monthly duties.
· Ensure coffee is made and ready to be served when Barista is not available.
· Always be presentable in uniform, look in compliance with outlet standards and always be on time without complication.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary.
· Perform other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
· Fluent in the English language, multi-lingual is helpful but not required.
· Customer service oriented.
· Knowledge of food and beverages.
· Work efficiently, ability to multitask and task prioritizations skills.
· Ability to work in a team and independently.
· Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment.
· Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s.
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time. Attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled.
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard High Line policies, standards and expectations.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The employee will actively follow The Standard policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now