Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Food and Beverage: The Standard Grill
Provide supplies and support to all F&B staff. Maintain and clean all service areas and floor areas where sectioned, per side work sheets and SOP’s.
General Manager of restaurant on duty
· Managers, supervisors, maître d’, hosts, bussers, runners, bartenders
· Restaurant customers and hotel guests/visitors
The Standard Grill
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up, clear and clean tables before, during and after the service.
• Provide assistance and supplies to all servers.
• Polish and stock equipment for operation (silverware, linens & glassware).
• Constant checking, cleaning and maintenance of all Food & Beverage areas.
• Ensure guest tables and public areas are maintained at all times to Hotel and Design standards and expectations.
• Replenish side stations throughout service
• Complete all side work duties per SOP’s, including pre-shift, post-shift, daily, weekly and monthly duties.
• Ensure coffee is made and ready to be served when Barista is not available.
• Always be presentable in uniform, look in compliance with outlet standards and always be on time without complication.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
• Fluent in the English language, multi-lingual is helpful but not required.
• Customer service oriented.
• Knowledge of food and beverages.
• Work efficiently, ability to multitask and task prioritizations skills.
• Ability to work in a team and independently.
• Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment.
• Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s.
• Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time. Attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled.
• Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard High Line policies, standards and expectations.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now