The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice, combines with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renown globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by
culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and
enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities,
collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and
wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Bell Attendant is responsible for overseeing the lobby area to ensure an inviting and organized environment, warmly welcoming guests and assisting with luggage, taxis, and any other needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and opens door as they enter and leave the hotel.
guests with carrying luggage during check-in and check-out. Safely and promptly
delivers to and picks up luggage from guest rooms.
Tags and places guest luggage in storage at guest request. Retrieves luggage for guests from storage.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, guest room features and services to guests and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
- Assists guests with transportation by getting taxis or arranging car services. Opens car and taxi doors for guests.
- Occasionally runs errands for guests and delivers items to guest rooms.
- Accepts mail for the hotel to be given to front desk. Refers package deliveries to the front desk to be accepted and logged. Occasionally deliver packages to guest rooms.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform Manager of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Perform other duties assigned which may include but is not limited to delivering guest mail/messages, packages, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service, preferably in an upscale and / or lifestyle hotel.
- Fluency in English, write, read, speak.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Long periods of standing.
- Periods of outside work.
- Moving about the public areas.
- Handling objects such as luggage.
- Continuous contact with Guests.
- Bending, kneeling, stooping.
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Rate - $15.00 / hour plus tips.
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage.
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance.
- 401k with Company match.
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays.
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace.
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts.
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavour to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.