Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Opens door and greets as they enter and leave the hotel.
· Assists guests with carrying luggage during check-in and check-out. Safely and promptly delivers to and picks up luggage from guest rooms.
· Tags and places guest luggage in storage at guest request. Retrieves luggage for guests from storage.
· Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, guest room features and services to guest and provide information to guest regarding local attractions and activities.
· Assists guests with transportation by getting taxis or arranging car services. Opens car and taxi doors for guests.
· Parks and retrieves cars from valet parking. Communicates all guest valet information to Guest Service Agent.
· Occasionally runs errands for guests and delivers items to guest rooms.
· Accepts mail for the hotel to be given to front desk. Refers package deliveries to the front desk to be accepted and logged. Occasionally deliver packages to guest rooms.
· Attends to any special requests from guests.
· Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
· May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
· Perform other duties assigned which may include but is not limited to delivering guest mail/messages, packages etc.
· Maintains a courteous and professional manner at all times.
· Performs any other duties, if capable, as requested by management.
o Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
o Long periods of standing
o Periods of outside work
o Moving about the public areas
o Handling objects such as luggage
o Continuous contact with Guests
o Bending, kneeling, stooping
Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Drivers License
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.