Assistant Director of Housekeeping
To supervise and coordinate activities of room attendants, house person staff, public area cleaners and housekeeping managers. To assist in managing and directing of the day–to–day operations of Housekeeping department. To participate and to enforce quality endurance in Housekeeping department, training and coaching managers and hourly staff. Substitute the Director of Housekeeping when he/she/they cannot attend internal meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires standing for long periods of time, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Knowledge of PMS system: Opera and Knowcross.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include proper room assignment, appropriate cleaning and daily inspections of all guest rooms, public areas, back of the house and other areas in the hotel. Inform Engineering department of any maintenance issue and follow up with its completion.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff and managers.
- Schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members, including managers.
- Maintain proper inventory of all housekeeping supplies (including minimum PAR levels for linen and terry) and equipment, as well as mini bar. Work with the Director of Housekeeping to place order when needed.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for Housekeeping department.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or notify replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Creating special projects with housekeeping managers and ensuring they are completed.
- Disinfect working area (computer keyboard, mouse, phone handsets, etc.), radios, iTouch devices and any other devices before and after your shift.
- Prepare reports and maintain projects spreadsheet updated and accurate.
- Control labor costs and expenses.
- Schedule special projects with outside vendors/contractors.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping with any other task needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The employee will actively follow The Standard policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
The Standard, High Line Employer LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now