The bartender is responsible for beverage products which will be served to the guest according to the hotel standards, to control the bar stock in order to avoid losses and minimise the profitability margin targeted by the Management. This role is to perform any other duties, set by hotel policies, management or his/her direct supervisor, which are not included here and also responsible for operating your area within set goals, budgets and a very strong focus on guest satisfaction, financial performance and employee welfare.
- Possesses personality and flair and feel comfortable executing your daily task.
- Complete knowledge of any hotel and / or Food and Beverage related SOP’s and follow them.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests in Thai and English language.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service experience and generating increased revenue.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness. Follow the guidelines that are provided for this
- Responsible to create & if needed serve any kind of alcoholic and not alcoholic beverage incl. but not limited to cocktails, mocktails, hot & iced tea, coffee creations (hot & cold) smoothies, soda’s, infusions, wellness drinks….
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to the guests with personality and flair on the line.
- Have the knowledge of mixing and matching ingredients to offer an outstanding selection of creative cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks, spirits, beers and wines, be able to garnish all drinks as per the given standards and explain their characteristics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends all necessary communication meetings on time without possibility to delay others.
- Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned. Ensuring that all areas maintain a first-class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor.
- Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and others, and arrange them accordingly.
- Monitors guest satisfaction and ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on the guests’ needs. Maintain a strong guest relationship and notify your direct reports when problems or complaints occur.
- Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully to be able to understand guest’s needs and expectations, and consistently surprise and delight every guest
- Create and maintain a strong customer ‘first name’ relationship and combine this with an excellent memory for guest preferences.
- Supports colleagues when needed, as well assist other outlets when operations require this.
- Support the Bar &Beverage Manager as well as Restaurant Manager / supervisor when required to train colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards and policies and regularly update the Standard Drink Appearance file (SDA).
- Set up daily bar counter and ensure that mise en place, any other required ingredients and equipment are prepared to work as efficiently as possible.
- All bottles and ingredients should be set up as per the bar’s standard to assure they are in easy reach and facilitate effective service.
- Create new mixed drinks and cocktails for promotional activities and new menus.
- Check the inventory daily before each shift to assure correct amounts are stocked up, so to avoid running out of stock during service periods.
- Clean and sanitize the bar areas after each shift and when required.
- Responsible for checking and recording the temperature of the bar fridges and follow the First in, First Out standards.
- Ensure compliance with all food and beverage policies and procedures, as well as appliable beverage and liquor laws with responsible service of alcohol.
- To always take corrective action if service errors occur, ensuring all solutions exceed the guest’s expectations.
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP & FIFO)
- Not allergic to any kind of animal or pet as we are a pet friendly hotel