Public Area Attendant
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for daily assigned duties as instructed by Supervisors while adhering to hotel policies and procedures, keeps all lobbies and public facilities (such as lobby restrooms, telephone area, the front desk, and offices) in a neat and clean condition. Public area attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
- Cleans and maintains all lobbies, rest-rooms, and corridors. (Public areas & offices).
- Vacuums carpets and empty rooms and ashtrays.
- Polishes and dusts furniture and fixtures.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors.
- Washes walls and ceilings.
- Removes trash.
- Vacuums and polish elevators.
- Cleans mirrors and windows.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Cleans, maintains and arrange hotel, restaurants and banquet halls.
- Clean or sweep the floor carpet every morning
- Empty and organize ashtrays and urns immediately after the customers leaves.
- Polishes furniture and fixtures at all times.
- Clean, vacuums and polishes elevators.
- Keeps the front of the hotel free from trash to prevent insect breeding, limiting customers visiting and booking hotel rooms.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and shampoo machine.
- Washes walls and ceilings, moves and arranges furniture, and change bedseets, covers and turns mattresses.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Wipe the dust and polishes metal surfaces.
- Collects solid linen supplies in floor linen closets.
- Arrange and maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants and throw them in the trash bin.
- To attend daily or weelly briefings for functions and events held in the hotel management.
- To perform daily assigned tasks in toilets, lifts, back areas, terrace, etc.
- To clean, arrange and maintain all equipment daily.
- To follow up on a unique cleaning schedule given by the housekeeping control desk.
- To report any maintenance issue to supervisor/housekeeping control desk immediately, they notice it.
- To comply with Lost and Found Policy of the Hotel.
- Offer assistance to the hotel guests in public áreas when asked.
- To have full knowledge of all hotel facilities, hours of operation, Restaurants, shops and function rooms.
- Responsible to maintain inventory in the Housekeeping closets.
- Post any caution signs according to the requirements of the hotel.
- Responsible to follow departmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for upkeep of all the equipment which he is using i.e., Vacuum cleaner, trolleys, Scrubbing machine and ensure they are in a Good question.
- Responsible for maintaining a time schedule for cleaning of their areas.
- Responsible for spring cleaning of their area as per the schedule is given to them.
- Authorised to enter into offices for maintenance or other activities like pest control, shampooing of carpet etc.