The role of the Room Attendant position is to perform routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also be able to address guest requests and problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Clean all assigned guestrooms including dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies. Disinfect guest rooms and bathrooms.
- Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Report necessary maintenance and damage issue in guest rooms.
- Update Housekeeping system with room status (vacant clean, occupied clean, DND, refused etc.).
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests; anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Respond promptly to requests from other departments.
- Create memorable moments for guests when possible.
- Report and properly tag all lost and found articles with security.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards.
- Upkeep and cleanliness of the Hotel’s public areas, F&B spaces, employee areas, and Back-of-House spaces
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers and managers.
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Must be able to quickly respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- To work unsupervised, must be focused and detailed.