Guest Relations/Front Office
The Guest Relations agent is in charge of the well-being of internal and external guests in and around the property.
Director, Front Office
$21.00 - $23.00 per hour
· All department
· Hotel guests/visitors, government and emergency agencies, vendors
Guest Relations Office and all hotel areas, including the perimeter of the property.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
o Able to traverse spaces throughout the building as necessary
o Able to work standing for a minimum of 8 hours a day
o Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
o Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 50 pounds
o Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
o Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming, and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· 1-2 years prior work experience in a related field
· CPR Training
· FSD Licensed / Trained
· NYS Unarmed Security License
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain complete awareness of:
o Scheduled group activities and house count
o Hotel facilities and services
o Hours of operation
o Facility layout
o Fire and emergency plans
o Departmental rules of conduct
· Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to all daily shifts. Review the hotel status and follow up actions with all shift agents.
· Issue keys and equipment to designated hotel personnel (with proper authorization). Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such in accordance with hotel procedures.
· Ensure all non-hotel personnel arriving at employee entrance are properly documented while on the property according to hotel policy.
· Provide escorts for employees in accordance with departmental standards.
· Ensure that after-hours access into secured hotel areas are properly authorized, monitored, and documented in accordance with hotel standards.
· Hand deliveries received during non-business hours following hotel procedures.
· Work with outside agencies (i.e., police, fire departments, and emergency services) cooperatively and follow established hotel regulations.
· Coordinate or Contact the Director of Front Office immediately for emergency situations.
· Coordinate emergency situations as specified in the departmental manual.
· Monitor surveillance cameras.
· Investigate all alarms and comply with respective procedures.
· Patrol the property, checking all designated points and documenting all actions taken in accordance with departmental standards.
· Resolve and/or report all safety hazard situations.
· Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guests with room access in accordance with hotel procedures.
· Follow up on all suspicious persons/behavior on the hotel property in accordance with departmental procedures, and in coordination with The Standard’s policies on Harassment and Discrimination.
· Conduct designated investigations of theft or lost items, noise, and assault complaints, food poisoning, and other guest complaints; complete documented reports in accordance with departmental procedures (with the help of HR if employee-related) and file in a timely fashion, by end of shift at the latest.
· Responsible for properly handling and documenting any and all lost or missing items from hotel guests, employees, or visitors.
· Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR in accordance with guidelines and comply with all departmental procedures; communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required.
· Comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for handling intoxicated guests
· Maintain confidentiality of all incidents and hotel reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
· Promote positive relations with guests and employees alike.
· Accommodate all guest requests courteously.
· Answer the departmental telephone within 2 rings, using proper salutations and telephone etiquette.
· Communicate by radio with designated hotel personnel in accordance with hotel standards.
· Monitor and handle guest complaints by following procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working conditions of departmental equipment, supplies, and work areas.
· Legibly complete designated reports as specified in departmental guidelines.
· Document all pertinent information in the daily log.
· Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
· Uphold all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
· Observe and report any and all actions, incidents, events, and behaviors to the Director of Front Office.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job and are subject to change or modification without prior notice. This position is classified non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime, in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
The Standard, East Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status, partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law (“Protected Characteristics”).Apply Now