Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for assigning work and facilitating service in all venues. It is important to monitor the completion of daily tasks in addition to helping the staff provide excellent service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing all tasks to the highest standards.
$25.00 - $28.00 per hour
F&B Manager, Director of Food & Beverage
Front of House Team and Back of House Team when no BOH Manager is present
· All F&B employees, All Culinary, Event Sales Team, Front Office Team, Reservations, GR Team, Finance Team, HR, Design, Housekeeping Team, and all other relevant departments
· Restaurant customers, hotel guests/visitors, vendors, events guests, entertainers
Café Standard, Garden, No Bar, Narcissa, In-Room Dining, Event Spaces: The Penthouse, The Overlook, The Perch, BOH Spaces, Employee Dining Room
Qualifications and Requirements:
o Able to traverse spaces throughout the building as necessary
o Able to work standing for a minimum of 10 hours a day
o Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
o Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 50 pounds
o Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming, and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures
· Full awareness of DOH compliance (NYC DOHMH); shall also act as walk-through liaison whilst DOH is on property
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· Knowledge of Squirrel (POS System), Avero (Reporting Tool), SevenRooms (Reservations System), and Kronos
· Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Can handle the pressure of a high volume, high energy venue
· Strong communication (both written and oral) and management skills
· Guest service oriented
· Previous work experience in restaurant/bar management
· ServSafe / Food Handler Certificate
· Basic knowledge of Birchstreet (Ordering System) and Opera (Hotel Ops Platform)
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Manager on Duty in overseeing the operations of venues to achieve guest fulfillment, quality service, and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
· Compose and send reports and shift summaries as required by shift assignment.
· Assign work tasks and supervise team member performance in all venue procedures including, but not limited to, compliance with steps of service, employee attendance, timeliness, uniform compliance, etc.
· Lead pre-shift discussions and ensure the following is communicated to all relevant staff members: VIP reservations and needs/contests, upsell opportunities, events, new menu items, amenities for the day, and any other necessary information
· Ensure there is effective communication (verbally and in writing) to provide clear direction to staff and other departments.
· Monitor, observe and assist in evaluating team member performance. Report any notable performance issues directly to the MOD and Director of F&B.
· Ensure that all VIP requests and needs are handled with extreme care and thoughtfulness.
· Respond to guest inquiries and resolve them in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner. Refer all inquiries and requests to the appropriate staff member.
· Respond to any emergency situations along with Guest Relations, and notify all department heads of the outcome
· Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective service recovery solutions.
· Handle guest complaints with the most cost-effective solution.
· Ensure FOH and BOH communication is thorough whilst on shift (i.e. radios, keys, papers)
· Update pre-shift board daily whilst on duty.
· Recap end of day reports
· Receive and execute assignments given by MOD
· Ensure mis-en-place is always replenished for the next shift
· Ensure opening/closing duties are adhered to
· Follow and ensure company COVID-19 protocols are adhered to by all team members and guestsApply Now