The Duty Manager represents and is an extension of the Front Office Manager during specific shift periods, primarily night shifts. This position acts as a cross functional position that would assist in various guest facing departments. The Duty Manager handles all aspects of the front office areas which may include, but are not limited to guest registration, bell services, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
Supervises: Front Office Staff (Non-Management)
Internal: All department managers
External: Hotel guests/visitors, service providers, regulatory agencies
Work Area: Front Office and Guest Movement Areas
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English and Thai languages
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Opera PMS Systems and other hospitality software systems – Cendyn, Siteminder, Okkami, etc.
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per hotel SOPs
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard Hua Hin policies, standards, and expectations
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used
- Familiar and with F&B and event/nightlife operations
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and handling various objects
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- No aversion or allergic reaction to pets and/or dander. Interaction with animals will be expected since we are a pet friendly hotel
- Able to handle a schedule with primarily night shifts
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff and assign work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Monitor front office staff to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention, and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities etc.
- Maintain procedures for securities of monetary, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
- Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.Apply Now