Call Center Agent
The Call Center Agent is responsible for assisting and responding to all incoming and outgoing inquiries for every telephone and written communications in the most optimum level of service and care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all callers in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner.
- Adheres to the practice that everyone sells, works in human resources, guest services and everyone is a lost prevention officer.
- Foster internal friendships in order to drive team work and achieve results.
- Follow up on any pending tasks from colleagues and managers.
- Promptly respond to all telephone calls in a pleasant manner within the third ring, using hotel’s telephone etiquette guidelines.
- Respond to hotel communication channels quickly and efficiently through incoming/outgoing calls, text messaging on Line/Facebook/WhatsApp/E-mails, and all other channels in the call center department.
- Receive and assist with all in room dining orders and minibar requests. Communicate accordingly to food and beverage department for accurate orders and special requests.
- Have thorough knowledge of in room dining menu/pricing/promotions and provide upselling opportunities.
- Receive and assist with all food and beverage outlet dining reservation requests.
- Have thorough knowledge of all food and beverage outlets menu/pricing/promotions/events.
- Log all special telephone requests.
- Record and conduct wake-up calls accurately. Ensuring logs are updated daily.
- Communicate efficiently with housekeeping, engineering, guest experience, front desk, leadership, for any guest/visitor issues and follow up to ensure tasks are complete.
- Be familiar of all in house telephone extensions.
- Promote hotel outlets to all callers and guests positively.
- Attain thorough knowledge of all hotel outlets/hours of operations/offerings/promotions/daily events/local area/group activities/VIPs/in house guests/concierge services.
- Organize and prepare guest written messages in a timely manner.
- Liaise with guest experience team in handling all guest requests.
- Have full knowledge of hotel’s telephone and messaging operating systems, POS systems and PMS systems.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace and office noise levels are not disrupting any calls.
- Reporting any faulty devices to management.
- Complete handover process for colleagues and management.
- Partake in pre-shift briefings.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction, escalate any unresolved matters to management.
- Provide a consistent level of guest recognition and deliver of personalized services.
- Be fully conversant with hotel fire & life safety/emergency procedures/guest evacuations.
- Report for duty on time wearing clean and complete uniform.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Perform other duties assigned by leadership team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience in a call center setting, or hotel desired.
- Prior experience with opera a plus.
- Able to sit in long periods of time.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Must be well-presented and well-groomed at all times.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language, additional languages a plus.
- Work flexible schedules and willing to work shift duties that will include days, evenings, night, and holidays.
- Strong communication, organization, problem-solving, follow up and telephone skills.