We aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As an outlet server you demonstrate technical skills and product knowledge and use this to provide daily operational success for the Food and Beverage outlets. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
As an outlet server you report to the Outlet Supervisor and assist the other team members when needed.
- Possesses personality and flair and feel comfortable executing your daily task.
- Attends all necessary communication meetings on time without possibility to delay others.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests in Thai and English language.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service, in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service experience and generating increased revenue.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP & FIFO)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Secondary or High school education degree
- Relevant experience in a similar luxury hotel or free-standing restaurant capacity providing customer service
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals