The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for Room Attendants who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Room Attendant.
As a Room Attendant your role is to provide a home away from home experience for all our guests and provide all the touches and comforts important to them. With the overall responsibility for a dedicated number of our guest bedrooms, you will ensure that they are clean and well-maintained on a daily basis, guests’ supplies replenished, and amenities as required for staging each room appropriately for your next guest’s arrival.
Your mission will be to provide fine, yet unobtrusive service, while at the same time taking care of all our guests requests. You will make a difference and create a warm and engaging experience through displaying a passion for attention to detail and a thoughtful approach to service.
Do you have what it takes to be a Room Attendant at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at The Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven background with related experience preferred, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- A flexibility approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts including, evenings, nights and weekends. This is a fulltime role; however, we have many opportunities for those seeking a more flexible working schedule
- The ability to work unsupervised with great attention to detail
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
- Meals on Duty
- Uniform & on-site laundry service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities