We aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As an outlet server you demonstrate technical skills and product knowledge and use this to provide daily operational success for the Food and Beverage outlets. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
an outlet server you report to the Outlet Supervisor and assist the other team
members when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possesses personality and flair and feel comfortable executing your daily task.
- Attends all necessary communication meetings on time without possibility to delay others.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests in Thai and English language.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service, in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service experience and generating increased revenue.
- Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned. Ensuring that all areas maintain a first-class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor.
- Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and others, and arrange them accordingly.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the restaurant manager, assistant-manager and/or supervisor.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness. Follow the guidelines that are provided for this.
- Monitors guest satisfaction and ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on the guests’ needs. Maintain a strong guest relationship and notify your direct reports when problems or complaints occur.
colleagues when needed, as well assist other outlets when operations require
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP & FIFO)
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Secondary
or High school education degree
Relevant experience in a similar luxury hotel or free-standing restaurant capacity providing customer service
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals
- Passionate about the hospitality industry
- Aware of the local community and comfortable giving recommendations
- Good communication and customer contact skills
- Service orientated with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work well in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- A team player and self-starter