Supervisor [The Rooftop]
We’re back baby! Standout above the rest this summer as The Rooftop returns with unparalleled panoramic views across London.
Supervisor Seasonal & Permanent (full & part time) roles starting late March · £32,000 pro rata per year · Opportunity to transfer to other positions at the end of the season
The Standard sets the bar high this spring with the return of ‘The Rooftop’, an openair rooftop bar and terraces stretching over its 11th floor, turning its views of the London skyline into the perfect backdrop for rooftop cocktails, bubbles on tap, and Asian inspired snacks from our street food cart!
This seasonal addition to the hotel reopens to guests and visitors at the beginning of April and throughout the summer months. The front terrace facing St Pancras commands impressive views over the station looking north and West and will be open daily (weather permitting) with a private area for hotel guest to have drinks, light food & enjoy the views. A second terrace faces south and east towards the City with panoramic views of the London skyline and can also be hired out for private events.
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Supervisor to join our new Rooftop team who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
Our New York rooftop bars and clubs are legendary; as a Supervisor at The Rooftop, you will oversee an exceptional service team that will relaunch this exciting venue back onto the London scene. Service at The Rooftop is relaxed and casual with a focus on summer cocktails, beers and bubbles [served over ice with an irreverent sense of summer fun and our typical unconventional style that is any but Standard].
You are a natural leader and with your communication skills you are able to motivate junior team members and help the team develop to deliver a consistently high performance. You will of course be passionate about service, very well organised with an exceptional working knowledge of both bar and restaurant operations and order of service; The Rooftop gets very busy on sunny days and can be at maximum capacity from mid-afternoon until close, so prior experience of working in a large busy bar or restaurant is a must.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high-volume, high-energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Supervisor for The Rooftop at Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. Prior experience as a Supervisor is essential for this role; you will have an uncompromised and natural flair for service.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Supervisor, Head Waiter or Head Bartender, ideally gained in a similar busy bar, restaurant, pub, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar rooftop bar
- Be Happy to work outside for your entire shift whatever the weather [a small note here The Rooftop will close in heavy rain and on days with extreme temperatures]
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident in the service of food & drink and the order of service
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late evenings. There may also be occasions when we will be unable to open or close The Rooftop due to inclement weather and you may be asked to work in other areas of the hotel.
- The Rooftop is a seasonal venue and will operate between May and October, initial contracts will be for 6 months with the option to move into another hotel position when the venue closes in the late Autumn.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Supervisor at The Rooftop, we’d love to meet with you. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be Required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities