We aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As a host you are responsible for managing the hotel’s food and beverage reservation systems and being the first point of contact for its guests. The host will represent the outlet when greeting and seating guests while maximizing seating opportunities and guest satisfaction.
As a host you report to the outlet manager and assist the Assistant Manager/Supervisor and provide guidance to the other colleagues when needed.
- Have a very good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings including promotions and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
- Take reservations by phone, by email, through internet booking applications and in person, update the reservations system accordingly as per the standards in place and reconfirm all reservations by phone or email.
- Schedule all reservations and planned seating arrangements with management prior to service period.
- Constantly update the reservation system with an accurate table count and ensure to update and reinstate all available tables as soon as possible.
- Welcome and escorts guests with the overall objective to delight and satisfy each and every guest with warmth and hospitality.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean, presentable and the menu is complete and distributed appropriately.
- Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance and orientation.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs and settings, organize seating for groups and guests with special needs.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Secondary / High school education degree
- Relevant experience as a host in a similar luxury hotel or free-standing restaurant capacity providing customer service for at least one years
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals and able to support restaurant servers throughout their daily duties