The IT Manager of The Standard, Bangkok Mahanakhon oversees the IT Division and is responsible for the performance of the division in all phases of service and job functions. This role is responsible for the leadership and management of all functions of the IT Division, in accordance with hotel standards. The Manager meets regularly with department managers and coordinators to determine personnel needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective communication and relations with department managers.
- Evaluate effectiveness of IT Division and review annual goals.
- Facilitate team training process.
- Performance procedures: Ensure that all performance procedures and established standards are followed; coach and mentor performance process to ensure consistency. Establish progressive discipline procedures, conduct training for all supervisors and employees on policies and procedures and progressive discipline. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees to hotel standards.
- Control over IT maintenance contract.
- Ensure that hardware and software are well maintain.
- Assist and support user for any IT problem.
- Implement new system.
- Reports: Ensure all bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly reports are sent regularly and in a timely manner.
- File maintenance: Maintain and keep all financial file ensuring compliance with the local and federal laws.
- Adhoc as assigned by Director of Finance.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) or more years of experience in IT and at least two (2) as a Manager.
- Knowledge of government labor regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Multilingual is a plus but not required.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, employees and management to their understanding.
- Proficiency with computers
- Ability to multitask, work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and cost controls
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.